Friday, October 16, 2009

Project 1 recap

Project 1 was a photo retouching assignment to generate source material for all proceeding assignments. The difficulty I encountered in the development process was finding images. My great grand father and grandpa had an absolutew wealth of photos they had taken and collected over the years. So the issue was not if I could locate a pristine image that had been hermetically sealed inside of an album of ages past (inside a dusty safe encircled by a CO2 lazer mesh wich was protected further by an anvil perched precariously over the whole assembly). The problem came when I needed a picture that needed some photo shop work so as to actually have some work product. I found under neath the albums of photos a rather extemporaneously organized shoe box of the B-string photos that didn't make it into an album. Most of them, given their age and their vituperous yet unfortunate living conditions had felt the bite of entropy especially hard. Most of them were akin to an amalgamation of ash that adhered to it self by some unknown force (midocloriens much?). given the disparity of quality between the two sets of images I (in typical Goldilocks fashion) found the photos that were some where in the middle, not ruined and not pristine. scanned at home on my flat bed and sent to my flash stick

No comments:

Post a Comment